maven-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [maven2] Generating several artifacts per project ?
Date Sat, 27 May 2006 04:37:30 GMT
On 5/26/06, sol myr <solmyr_sub@yahoo.com> wrote:

>   Now, management authorized a pilot project with maven2, but we've been instructed to
patch it up to work with the existing plugin/scripts... If the pilot succeeds, we might change
our framework, but it's an egg-and-chicken thing...

Been there, done that, with Maven 1 under similar circumstances:  a
parallel build with no changes to the project structure.  Never again.
 We got it to work, but it was painful for everyone involved, and NOT
a good example of what Maven can do.

This is just not a fair test for Maven.  Is there any way you can
arrange to take part or all of the project to a 'sandbox' area where
you have the freedom to do some restructuring?

Second choice is to put the poms in a separate directory structure,
and use relative paths and include/exclude to get it to build separate
jars from a single source tree.

--
Wendy