maven-users mailing list archives

From Trygve Laugstøl <tryg...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status on mavenide (maven2) IDEA plugin?
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 06:45:07 GMT
Vinny wrote:
> Hello All,
> I was thinking about using maven2 on my new project.
> My development team uses IDEA to develop on and we were kind
> of disappointed when it seemed that the mavenide plugin for idea
> did not support maven2. I am very comfortable with the command line but
> my knuckleheads (I mean that in the most complimentary way) are not.
> Last time I looked it seemed there had not been a  release of the IDEA
> plugin
> since 2005. I'd love to help with the plugin but to be honest ,
> I've not done a whole lot of Swing/GUI stuff. But I'll help where I can.

I have an very experimental IDEA plugin that embeds Maven 2 and I'm able
to build some projects with it.

What I'm wondering about is what features do people want from a Maven
(2) IDE plugin?

Some possible features:

* The ability to press a button or shortcut to build the project
* Edit the pom (what parts)
* Repository searching
  - Searches by group and artifact id
  - Searches for class names

AFAIK the current Eclipse plugin already has some, if not all of these
features but what are people really looking for?

--
Trygve