maven-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Hoffer" <DHof...@xrite.com>
Subject RE: [m2.0.4] OutOfMemoryError
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 21:45:55 GMT
Mike,

Thanks, I did not know that.

I set -XX:MaxPermSize=256m and got the same error.  The error I get is:

Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap
space

Doesn't this mean that my OOM is the heap space which I have set as
-Xmx1024m.

-dh

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Perham [mailto:Mike.Perham@webifysolutions.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 5:16 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: RE: [m2.0.4] OutOfMemoryError

You need to understand something about the JVM memory system.  Below
you've configured the heap to be 1GB.  Class data (.class) is stored in
the permanant generation space which is different from the heap and
defaults to 32MB in client and 64MB in server mode.

So you can give your JUnit tests 1TB if you want.  If they load more
than 32/64MB of class data, you will continue to get OOMs.

There is a setting to increase this, I think it is -XX:PermGenSize=XXXm.
It should work around the problem until you have a chance to upgrade to
surefire 2.2.

mike