maven-users mailing list archives

From Roland Asmann <Roland.Asm...@cfc.at>
Subject Re: Excluding a JAR from WAR-generation
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 13:52:46 GMT
Okay, so I figured it out! The provided-scope DOES work, but I had an <exclusion> defined
somewhere else, which for some reason
removed my declaration of commons-logging...
I've noticed, because I was checking a little more thorough and found that the version I set
to provided (and also tried to exclude) was
1.0.3 and the included version was 1.0.4!

So, I removed the <exclusion> and now the provided-scope does what it is supposed to
do. Tried it several times, to make sure no
random-behaviour remained.

Roland

On Monday 29 May 2006 15:24, Roland Asmann wrote:
> Unfortunately yes. Per default I run it 'mvn clean install'.
>
> On Monday 29 May 2006 15:20, Kees de Kooter wrote:
> > Does it also happen after you do an mvn clean?
> >
> > On 5/29/06, Roland Asmann <Roland.Asmann@cfc.at> wrote:
> > > Yes, I know how to do that. But like I said, it doesn't always work the
> > > way it is supposed to! I have no clue as to why this wouldn't work,
> > > might be some sort of bug in Maven...
> > >
> > > Roland

JAR's