maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: [2.0.3] scp with password in settings.xml still needs type in pwd
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:54:09 GMT
Roland Kofler wrote on Monday, April 10, 2006 12:56 PM:

> Hi, I use <url>scp://... andI believe this is a standard java
> SCP that
> is part of maven dist. I don't want to use a native SCP because we
> develop in a heterogenous environment. Also my aim is to produce as
> minimal configuration hassle as possible for my coworkers. Everybode
> else use scpexe? At least the  list messages almost suggest this.

I could not get scp:// working either, but I solved the configuration problem in another way.
My settings.xml contains now a server configuration with the protocol I want to use and an
active profile with a property defining the base URL for the repository in the dirstribution
management. This way everybody may use his own configuration (e.g. we have Cgywin and PuTTy
users) for the servers.

Settings.xml:
======= %< =======
	<server>
		<id>repo-release</id>
	</server>
	<server>
		<id>repo-snapshot</id>
	</server>
	<profile>
		<activation>
			<activateByDefault>true</activateByDefault>
		</activation>
		<properties>
			<repo.base.url>scpexe://foo.bar/path/to/repos</repo.base.url>
		</properties>
	</profile
======= %< =======

Super POM: