maven-users mailing list archives

From <andreas.ebbert-karr...@nokia.com>
Subject documentation for maven-scm-api?
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:21:34 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to interact with our project's cvs repository on java.net from within my own plugin,
thus I plan to use the maven-scm-api. Is there any documentation for it available online?
Maybe JavaDocs?

Is 1.0-beta-3 the latest version, which is not a snapshot?

I'm using a ssh tunnel, so my server is "localhost", while I assume that other might directly
connect to cvs.dev.java.net. All I could find out now, is that the scm url is only stored
in project.scm.developerConnection
=> Can the scm url be put into the ~/.m2/settings.xml?

I tried to validate the scm url with scm:validate and that worked. A scm:status failed first,
because it had no connectionUrl set.
=> Why does scm:status not look into the project.scm.developerConnection, but only in project.scm.connection?
=> How do I create the ~/.cvspass?
=> Do I have to install a cvs client in order to use cvs?

For people who should find this mail in the mailing list archives, here are a few pointers,
what I found out so far:
http://maven.apache.org/scm/scms-overview.html

Invalid maven.scm.url
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg38037.html

[m2] maven scm api and cvs
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg37009.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg36576.html

How to use scm from Java
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg37445.html

How check that project should be rebuilded (source code management)?
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg22675.html

 _         __                _  _
//\ndreas.[|-bbert-[]/arroum(a)[|\|okia.com
           `-        `
   Andreas Ebbert-Karroum
   Software Design Engineer - Nokia Networks Services / Middleware
   phone: +49-211-94123928, fax: +49-211-9412-3838
   Heltorfer Straße 1, 40472 Düsseldorf, Germany

This message is confidential. If you have received this message in error,
please delete it from your system. You should not copy it for any purpose,
or disclose its contents to any other person. Internet communications are
not secure and therefore Nokia GmbH does not accept legal responsibility
for the contents of this message as it has been transmitted over a public
network. Thank you.
Nokia GmbH, Nokia Networks is a German Company. Further information
about the Company is available from its principal offices at
Heltorferstrasse 1, D-40472, Düsseldorf, Germany and from the
website at http://www.nokia.com/