maven-users mailing list archives

From raghurajan.x.gurunat...@jpmchase.com
Subject Different version of build
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:34:12 GMT
Hi All

How do i change the build or dependecy  version at run time

I mean if i have more than one module on project like Module-A, Module-B,
those module intern has some submodules, my Module-B dependes one of
subModdule-A but different times i need to build Module-B againt different
version of subModule-B. i know for sure we can achieve this thru changing
dependency section of Module-B but instread of that i tried having
something like <version>${subModule-A.version}</version> and then tried
having properties <subModule-A.version>4.3</subModule-A.version> in my
settings.xml Profile, and also tried by passing it has system property as
-DsubModule-A.version=4.3, but both ways its throwing error. saying it
couldn't resolve dependency for ${subModule-A.version}

Is there way to make pom.xml to subsitute that ${subModule-A.version}
value to take either from settings.xml or from system property

Its been driving crazy, Please if some one has done this can u share your
solution for this??

Thanks,
Raghu