maven-users mailing list archives

From "Gianfranco Oldani" <gf_old...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: NullPointerEXception , Sorry to insist guys
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 22:34:01 GMT
Thanks for your answer and the various advises. In the meantime I have found
the problem and it was only a wrong reference in a plugin section.

Cheers
Gianfranco

PS: I will read all guidelines from now on...;o))

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Barrie Treloar" <baerrach@gmail.com>
To: "Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>
Subject: Re: NullPointerEXception , Sorry to insist guys
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 06:46:58 +1030

On 3/1/06, Gianfranco Oldani <gf_oldani@hotmail.com> wrote:
 > I cannot go out of my problem (and now its becoming urgent) of
 > NullPointerEXception while invoking the site plugin via : mvn site
 > I use maven 2.02.

If you aren't going to read the posting guildelines when discussing a
bug, how do you expect people to help you?

You at least need to run mvn -X and attach the NPE stacktrace.

I've been happily using site fine.
I had some initial NPEs because some resources did not exist, say
LICENSE.txt or something, but the stack trace error messages told me
exactly what needed fixing.

Not the most user friendly way to show errors, but enough for a decent
developer to work out what to do to solve the problem.