maven-users mailing list archives

From "TJ Greenier" <tj.open...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Project Builds
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 21:52:55 GMT
Thanks to all for your input.  I was able to get the multiple project build
working.  One key element I was missing was the <parent> tag in my child
project poms.  one thing to note here is that when you add the <parent>
nodes to the pom you need to run a "mvn install" on the parent project.
Otherwise, I was having problems getting the child projects to build
separately, because it was looking for the parent in the repository.  I am
not sure if I stated that clearly correct as I am still slightly confused,
but I was able to get the builds working doing that.

The using eclipse link also helped me understand how to structure my project
for use within eclipse and still fitting the maven structure needed.  Check
this link out for more information on that:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ide-eclipse.html

Thanks again to all for their input.
TJ