maven-users mailing list archives

From Mang Jun Lau <MangJun_...@otpp.com>
Subject Re: WAR plugin in M2: excludes not all files
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:14:26 GMT
Actually, multiple excludes do work.  You should have the following
snippet:

<excludes>
  <exclude>WEB-INF/lib/geronimo-spec*.jar</exclude>
  <exclude>WEB-INF/lib/junit*.jar</exclude>
</excludes>

_Mang Lau

Tim Davies <tim.davies@ktsplc.com>
02/17/2006 06:07 AM
Please respond to
"Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>

Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: WAR plugin in M2: excludes not all files

I believe that there is a bug which means that multiple excludes will
not work but a single one will. Im afraid I cant remember where I read
about this as it was a while ago that I came across it.

Martin Goldhahn wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm using Maven 2.0.1
> I have the following snippet in my pom.xml:
>
>         <plugin>
>             <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>             <artifactId>maven-war-plugin</artifactId>
>             <configuration>
>                 <excludes>WEB-INF/lib/geronimo-spec*.jar,
> WEB-INF/lib/junit*.jar</excludes>
>             </configuration>
>         </plugin>
>
> This doesn't seem to work, according to the doc it should. How do I tell
> the plug-in the exclude both my JUnit files and the Geronimo-spec files.
> I tried regexps, and the warSourceExcludes tag instead of the excludes
> tag. The result is the same.
>
> Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Martin

Tim Davies
Analyst Developer

KTS PLC: Service you can bank on