maven-users mailing list archives

From "Helck, Christopher" <che...@ebs.com>
Subject RE: m2 -- Ready for Prime Time, yet?
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:07:27 GMT
Hi Ray,

I'm unable to use m2 for production builds yet. I have problems with the
site and compiler plugins. The site plugin doesn't handle legacy
repositories, and the compiler plugin doesn't handle java dependecies
correctly. Perhaps some of these have been fixed in the latest release.

Additionaly I rely on some home built maven1 plugins that I haven't yet
converted to maven2.

It's been mentioned before but one of the biggest problems with maven2
is the documentation. It can be very frustrating at times.

Regards,
Christopher Helck

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Ward [mailto:ward.ray@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 4:56 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: m2 -- Ready for Prime Time, yet?

I read Vincent Massol's PPT dated 15 September 2005.  He said, Short
answer: No.

But, that was 5 months ago!  How about now?

I have a major set of J2EE apps that are mostly all in m1, with a few
stragglers in Ant.  I will be going through these, externalizing the
environmental dependencies from inside the app to properties files of
some kind.  So it is tempting to upgrade from m1 to m2 in the process.

What are the risks?  Suicidal? None?  Olympic downhill skiiers only?
Curlers would be comfortable?  ;-)

TIA,

Ray Ward, PMP

Thank you for being part of it.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. This e-mail is intended only for
the stated addressee.  If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy, circulate
or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in this e-mail. if you have received
this e-mail in error, please inform us immediately and delete it and all copies from your
system.

EBS Dealing Resources International Limited. Registered address: 10 Paternoster Square, London
EC4M 7DY, United Kingdom. Registered number 2669861.

EBS Dealing Resources, Inc, registered in Delaware. Address: 535 Madison Avenue, 24th Floor,
New York, NY 10022, USA, and One upper Pond road, Building F - Floor 3, Parsippany, NJ 07054,
USA.

EBS Dealing Resources Japan Limited, a Japanese Corporation. Address: Asteer Kayabacho Bldg,
6th Floor, 1-6-1, Shinkawa, Chuo-Ku,  Tokyo 104-0033, Japan.