maven-users mailing list archives

From Michael Böckling <michael.boeckl...@giniality.com>
Subject Re: Resolving Parent POM
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 17:21:33 GMT
Ok, I found the solution.
The thing is, the pre-configured repository "central" has the property
snapshot=false set, thus it is not possible to resolve snapshot
dependencies using central.
Even if one configures a mirror in settings.xml with mirrorOf=central,
pointing to a maven-proxy that DOES offer Snapshots, it won't work
because maven refuses to resolve Snapshots using central.
Defining a profile with a repository that has snapshots.enabled=true
set, it works.
Hope this will help some poor soul searching nabble.com in the future...

Bye,
    Michael

> Yes, I'm aware of that, and I thought that maven would use this
> metadata to resolve the latest unique version. In conjunction with
> maven-proxy, however, this does not seem to work....
>
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> the "real" version name is stored in
>> com/giniality/tam/tam-maven-parent/1.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml.
>>
>> -chris
>>
>> Am Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2006 17:23 schrieb Michael Böckling:
>>

>>> It's me again, but I have just a simple question this time:
>>> does maven automatically resolve to the latest unique version of a
>>> deployed artifact? Because if a project references a parent project
>>> that
>>> has a SNAPSHOT version, and the SNAPSHOT version is unique (like
>>> maven-parent-1.0-20060201.122547-19.pom
>>> <http://morpheus:9999/repository/com/giniality/tam/tam-maven-parent/1.0-SNA

>>> PSHOT/tam-maven-parent-1.0-20060201.122547-19.pom>), the build fails.
>>> The whole thing worked when I tried a regular, non-snapshot version.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>    Michael

Giniality AG - Michael Böckling; Steinenberg 21, CH-4051 Basel
P: +41 61 226 99 63 - F: +41 61 226 99 69
michael.boeckling@giniality.ch; http://www.giniality.com/