maven-users mailing list archives

From "Coyner, Brian M. (STL) - contr" <BMCoy...@express-scripts.com>
Subject RE: Can I invoke (execute) a parent pom within a child pom
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:07:54 GMT
It is my understanding (and the source code seems to prove this) that a
<module> can only exist in a pom whose <packaging> is "pom". This means
that a pom file that generates a WAR file (<packaging>war</packaging>)
cannot utilize the maven reactor functionality for building dependent
modules. Instead you have to have a pom file whose packaging is
<packaging>pom<packaging> to utilize the maven reactor. Specifically, if
your packaging is not "pom" then you cannot list dependent modules.
Maven uses the term "aggregator" to reference projects packaged as
"pom".

Download the source and look at 'DefaultModelValidator' and 'Bootstrap'.

Brian

******* Confidentiality Notice *******
This email, its electronic document attachments, and the contents of its website linkages
may contain confidential health information.  This information is intended solely for use
by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this information
in error, please notify the sender immediately and arrange for the prompt destruction of the
material and any accompanying attachments.