maven-users mailing list archives

From Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>
Subject Re: sharing properties across subprojects
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 23:45:29 GMT
I think what he was trying to say was that if you gain access to the
properties (from project.properties) in your parent, then you
automatically have access to them in the child. Just access them in
the child the same way you would normally - they should be there. I'm
assuming you're accessing from project.xml. The inheritance occurs
between POM's, not between project.properties files.

In m2, you can read in any properties file and gain access to the
properties therein. In m1 I think it happened automatically for files
called project.properties in the basedir, right?

On 8-Feb-06, at 4:17 PM, Matteo Melani wrote:

> My previous email was a disaster: sorry! I'll try again.
>
> I know how to inherit (include) a project.xml but I do not know how
> to do it with project.properties file.
>
> Thanks for helping,
> -Matteo
>
> Matteo Melani wrote:
>> How do you use "iheritance" in a project.properties?
>> I know how to use it in project.xml?
>> -Matteo
>> Arnaud HERITIER wrote:
>>> I SUBDIR1 extends TOPDIR then you can put these properties in the
>>> TOPDIR and SUBDIR1 will have access to them (using the inheritence).
>>>
>>> Arnaud

Julian Wood <woodj@ucalgary.ca>

Programmer/Analyst
University of Calgary