maven-users mailing list archives

From Geoffrey De Smet <ge0ffrey.s...@gmail.com>
Subject guide-deploy-ssh-external improvements: scpexe & cygwin for deploy
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:25:41 GMT
On my computer, using Cygwin (under windows), the guide on
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-deploy-ssh-external.html
didn't work because of scpexe:

<distributionManagement>
     <repository>
       <id>ssh-repository</id>
       <url>scpexe://repository.mycompany.com/repository</url>
     </repository>
   </distributionManagement>

I constantly got a permission exception, even with configured in settings:
        <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
        <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>

Probably because it wanted to use a public key instead of ask me for a
password. I have no public key configured or at the default locations.

Changing it to "scp" made it work like a charm:
<distributionManagement>
     <repository>
       <id>ssh-repository</id>
       <url>scp://repository.mycompany.com/repository</url>
     </repository>
   </distributionManagement>

Might be good to note that "/repository" is from the root directory,
so you want your own home directory, do something like
<url>scp://repository.mycompany.com/home/ge0ffrey/public_html</url>
And it shouldn't end with a /.

It does ask me for my password (in clear text) for every single file it
tries to upload though, maybe another thing to fix :)

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet