maven-users mailing list archives

From Geoffrey <ge0ffrey.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multiple source dirs
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:21:45 GMT
If the source is generated through a maven2 plugin (which uses jaxb or
any other source generating tool), they will be added as generated
source dirs automatically by the plugin.

If you want real multiple source dirs (not recommended), you can use
maven build helper on mojo (see 2 threads about mutlie source dirs a
couple of days ago in this mailing list).

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Domsch, Christian wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> first of all thank you for making such a good tool as maven1 and maven2. I used maven1
for over two years now in my old company and it was really great. Now I am switching to maven2
in my new company and I do have a question regarding source dirs. I read that it should be
possible to have more than one source dir in a maven project. The idea behind it is to split
up normal java sources and generated java sources in two dirs so that tools like checkstyle
and others do not complain about the generated files.

> In the mini-guides there is a page that tells me that this is possible and even states
the same reasons as I why this can be reasonable. But sadly the section about the way this
is done is missing :-)

> So I hope that somone on this list can tell me, how I should do this, and if there are
multiple ways, which one would be the best for my kind of problem.