maven-users mailing list archives

From jack.un...@sybase.com
Subject maven2 equivalent of dependency properties
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 19:54:24 GMT
Hello,

As you know in maven1, it was possible to add <properties> elements to
convey dependency-specific plugin meta-data.  E.g.,

    <dependency>
        <groupId>commons-lang</groupId>
        <artifactId>commons-lang</artifactId>
        <version>2.0</version>
        <type>jar</type>
        <url>http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/lang</url>
        <properties>
            <htmlunit.group>required</htmlunit.group>
            <htmlunit.description>Core Language
Utilities</htmlunit.description>
        </properties>
    </dependency>

Could someone point me in the direction of a FAQ or any docs
that discuss the equivalent of this feature for maven2 if any
such exists? I see in the version 4.0 schema that <properties>
is no longer part of the Dependency type.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Jack Unrue
junrue@sybase.com