maven-users mailing list archives

From David Sag <d...@epo.org>
Subject I can't get cobertura to work with maven 2.0.2
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 15:21:47 GMT
Okay I have changed my build so that the checkstyle etc all happen on the
verify phase, and have updated to use the latest snapshot version of
cobertura plugin.

[mvn install] works fine - all is as expected.

but [mvn site] continues to break as follows:

(disco-davesag) [15:59:16] ~/checkouts/EPO/cassius_service_Sis$ mvn site
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Search Information Service (redux)
[INFO]    task-segment: [site]
[INFO]
[INFO] Preparing cobertura:cobertura
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [cobertura:instrument {execution: instrument-classes}]
[INFO] Cobertura 1.7 - GNU GPL License (NO WARRANTY) - See COPYRIGHT file
Cobertura: Loaded information on 4 classes.
Instrumenting 6 classes to
/Users/davesag/checkouts/EPO/cassius_service_Sis/target/generated-classes/cobertura
Cobertura: Saved information on 4 classes.
Instrument time: 244ms

[INFO] Instrumentation was successful.
[INFO] [cobertura:instrument]
[INFO] Cobertura 1.7 - GNU GPL License (NO WARRANTY) - See COPYRIGHT file
Cobertura: Loaded information on 4 classes.
Instrumenting 6 classes to
/Users/davesag/checkouts/EPO/cassius_service_Sis/target/generated-classes/cobertura
[cobertura] WARN  [main] net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main -
Unable to instrument file
/Users/davesag/checkouts/EPO/cassius_service_Sis/target/generated-classes/cobertura/org/epo/cassius/csp/DossierTranslationService.class
        at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.readUnsignedShort(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main.addInstrumentationToSingleClass(Main.java:286)
        at
net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main.addInstrumentation(Main.java:364)
        at
net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main.addInstrumentation(Main.java:382)
        at
net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main.parseArguments(Main.java:440)
        at net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main.main(Main.java:462)
[cobertura] WARN  [main] net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main -
Unable to instrument file
/Users/davesag/checkouts/EPO/cassius_service_Sis/target/generated-classes/cobertura/org/epo/cassius/csp/SearchInformationService.class
        at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.readUnsignedShort(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main.addInstrumentationToSingleClass(Main.java:286)
        at
net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main.addInstrumentation(Main.java:364)
        at
net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main.addInstrumentation(Main.java:382)
        at
net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main.parseArguments(Main.java:440)
        at net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main.main(Main.java:462)
[cobertura] WARN  [main] net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main -
Unable to instrument file
/Users/davesag/checkouts/EPO/cassius_service_Sis/target/generated-classes/cobertura/org/epo/cassius/csp/SearchInformationServiceDelegate.class
        at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.readUnsignedShort(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main.addInstrumentationToSingleClass(Main.java:286)
        at
net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main.addInstrumentation(Main.java:364)
        at
net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main.addInstrumentation(Main.java:382)
        at
net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main.parseArguments(Main.java:440)
        at net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main.main(Main.java:462)
[cobertura] WARN  [main] net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main -
Unable to instrument file
/Users/davesag/checkouts/EPO/cassius_service_Sis/target/generated-classes/cobertura/org/epo/cassius/csp/SimpleSearchInformationServiceDelegate.class
        at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.readUnsignedShort(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main.addInstrumentationToSingleClass(Main.java:286)
        at
net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main.addInstrumentation(Main.java:364)
        at
net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main.addInstrumentation(Main.java:382)
        at
net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main.parseArguments(Main.java:440)
        at net.sourceforge.cobertura.instrument.Main.main(Main.java:462)
Cobertura: Saved information on 4 classes.
Instrument time: 193ms

[INFO] Instrumentation was successful.
[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [surefire:test]
[INFO] Setting reports dir:
/Users/davesag/checkouts/EPO/cassius_service_Sis/target/surefire-reports

 T E S T S
java.lang.ClassFormatError:
org/epo/cassius/csp/SearchInformationServiceDelegate (Truncated class
file)
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
        at
org.codehaus.surefire.IsolatedClassLoader.loadClass(IsolatedClassLoader.java:61)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1655)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:1901)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:984)
        at
org.codehaus.surefire.battery.JUnitBattery.<init>(JUnitBattery.java:126)
        at
org.codehaus.surefire.Surefire.instantiateBatteries(Surefire.java:318)
        at org.codehaus.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:130)
        at org.codehaus.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:77)
        at
        at
        at
org.codehaus.surefire.SurefireBooter.run(SurefireBooter.java:104)
        at
org.apache.maven.test.SurefirePlugin.execute(SurefirePlugin.java:303)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:415)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:531)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:472)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.forkProjectLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:859)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.forkLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:731)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:522)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:472)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:451)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:303)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:270)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:139)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
        at
        at
        at
        at
RUN ABORTED
java.lang.ClassFormatError
org.codehaus.surefire.Runner
An exception or error caused a run to abort.
org/epo/cassius/csp/SearchInformationServiceDelegate (Truncated class
file)

Results :
[surefire] Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 1

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] There are some test failure.

I stress that this all used to work fine with maven 2.0 and the old
cobertura plugin.  I suspected a bug in the surefire reporting rather than
in cobertura, and so removed any references to surefire from my reporting
but i get pretty much the exact same result.

Does anyone out there have a working example of maven 2.0.2 using
cobertura to instrument classes and generate a report?  If so please would
you care to share your wisdom?  Or would you recommend rolling back to
maven 2.0 until these issues are fixed?

Kind regards,
Dave Sag