maven-users mailing list archives

From Ken Burns <kbu...@daronmont.com.au>
Subject Release plugin
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 03:53:39 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to perform a release with maven 2.0.1

I performed a "mvn release:prepare" without problems, but encounter a
problem while the release is generating the Javadoc for one of the child
projects.

[INFO] Building jar:
/export/home/maven/testrelease/Java/target/checkout/commonutilities/target/c
ommonutilities-0.1.0.jar
[INFO] Preparing javadoc:jar
[INFO] [javadoc:javadoc]
[INFO] /usr/j2se/jre/../bin/javadoc @options @files
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] An error has occurred in JavaDocs report generation.

Embedded error: Exit code: 1 -
/export/home/maven/testrelease/Java/target/checkout/commonutilities/src/main
/java/.../XYZ.java:49: warning: as of release 1.4, assert is a keyword, and
may not be used as an identifier
    assert typeName != null;

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 18 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Jan 17 14:20:34 CST 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 7M/250M
[INFO]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Result of m2 execution is: '1'. Release failed.
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 47 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Jan 17 14:20:35 CST 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 3M/250M
[INFO]

I've tried specifying properties at the command line:

mvn -Dmaven.compile.source=1.4 -Dmaven.javadoc.source=1.4
-Dmaven.test.skip=true release:perform

... but without any success.

I suspect that the -Dmaven.javadoc.source is not being passed down to the
Javadoc plugin for it to be falling over on the "assert" line in the code
(assuming that I have the correct property).

Has anyone seen similar behaviour or recognise the problem?

Many thanks

Ken Burns