maven-users mailing list archives

From "Boden, David" <david.bo...@lehman.com>
Subject RE: Own provider instead of pom.xml
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:12:07 GMT
In my humble opinion, if you don't want to adopt Maven 2's pom.xml
format then I'd stick with your current custom build. You'll end up
doing more work to tie in with Maven 2 than you would maintaining your
own build.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcin Maciukiewicz [mailto:ciukes@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 3:14 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Own provider instead of pom.xml

Hello!

I have own project layout where informations are in separate files.
Since switching to pom.xml is not under discussion (development tools
etc.) I was wondering if there is way to create own "project info
provider" class for maven 2.

As I said, all required informations are kept in project but not in
pom.xml. I have to find the way how to deliver project info to maven. I
see there is way to change maven behaviour with own plex's
component.xml.

Can anyone say If I'm going in right direction?

Regards,
Marcin.

named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified
that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot
be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this information
is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject
to change without notice.