maven-users mailing list archives

From "Allison, Bob" <robert.alli...@qwest.com>
Subject RE: Using multiple source directories to produce on artefact
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:50:05 GMT
A repost from yesterday...

The XDoclet plugin for Maven expects to place the generated sources in
target/generated-sources/xdoclet and adds it to the compile source list.

If you are specifying a different destination, that may be part of the
problem if the plugin is not doing things quite right.  Try changing
your output directory to match the one mentioned above and see if that
helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Zschorn [mailto:mail@zschorn.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 03:08
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Using multiple source directories to produce on artefact

Hi,
I have a question regarding maven 2 and the use of multiple source
directories.
I want to migrate from ant to maven and have a problem with compiling 2
source directories to one output directory.
Directory structure is the following.
./src/ --> with the main source files
./gen-src/ --> with generated ejb-source files from xdoclet.
./target/ --> target of compiled files

In the build section I can only state on source-directory.
The documentation
under
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-using-one-source-directory.htm
state there is no problem in using several source directories but they
forgot to say how.
Quote:
"There should be no limitations in this approach. Maven natively
supports
multiple source directories for the purposes of generated sources.:

I already tried the approach to include the directories in the
configuration
section. The result was, that maven always reported that no files have
changed.

<plugins>
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <includes>
 		<include>${basedir}/src</include>
		<include>${basedir}/gen-src</include>
	 </includes>
     </configuration>
   </plugin>
</plugins>

I already searched for a solution but the most answers were to change
the
directory layout which is in my case not possible.
I really appreciate your help.
Another question regarding documentation. Perhaps I was to stupid to
find
it, but is there any good documentation, or book out there for maven 2.
The
current docu on the website does not have the deep I would expect, for
example a good plugin howto or an overview which xml-configurations tags
are
available for a plugin.

Andreas