maven-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Pöllath <li...@poellath.org>
Subject Re: [M2] eclipse project dependecy - how to define?
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:41:18 GMT
Sanjay,

I'm not sure I understand your question (I'm not familiar with maven
1), but if you want the maven eclipse plugin to produce an eclipse
project depending on another eclipse project (instead of depending on
a jar in the local repo), then have a look at this:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ide-eclipse.html

In the example, module1 depends on core. Running "mvn
eclipse:eclipse" from the parent's directory results in a dependency
on another eclipse project:

// in module1/.classpath
<classpathentry kind="src" path="/core"/>

instead of a dependency on a jar:

// in module1/.classpath
<classpathentry kind="var" path="M2_REPO/com/example/core/1.1.2/
core-1.1.2.jar"/>

Cheers,
-Ralph.