maven-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: [m2] multiple "cvs" modules
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:17:20 GMT
You can use relative path in modules definition in your pom.

Emmanuel

Fredy a écrit :
> You are right, but it is more convenient to make releases ;-)
> If the global enviroment not processed as a 'good practice', somethimes it's difficult
to develop in an 'good practice'. And if the customers not sure what they want, it can be
very difficult to develop in a 'good practice'.

> So i thougt about independen cvs modules an if there are a big change over a lot modules,
we can make a new project, that has all others as submodules. So we can make quick compiles,
installs, deploys and releses over all modules. But only in that hury time if really 'all'
modules changed.

> But I hope that will not be regularly!
>
> Thanks Fredy
>
> "Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org> schrieb am 30.01.06 09:25:00:
>
> It's possible, but it isn't a good practice.
> If you separate your projects in several cvs modules, it's because they are independant
with their
> own release cycle. So you don't must use them as subprojects but as dependencies only.
>
> Emmanuel
>
> Fredy a écrit :
>
>>Hey all,
>>is it possible to create a parent project with subprojects, that are located in a
separate cvs modules. Or is it a commitment to make on cvs modul?