maven-users mailing list archives

From Maria Odea Ching <och...@mergere.com>
Subject Re: [m2] Minimum requirements for a snapshot in a repository?
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 07:39:15 GMT

Hi Wendy,

Please see my notation below.

Thanks,
Odea

Wendy Smoak wrote:

>What's the minimum that will keep m2 happy when retrieving a snapshot
>from a remote repository?
>
>I've got a project that I just can't build with m2, but I need to make
>a snapshot available.
>
>If I upload (in the correct directory structure):
>   shale-core-1.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
>   shale-core-1.0.1-SNAPSHOT.pom
>... and can I get away with just one of the signatures (which one is
>preferable)?

You have to have the pom, the artifact itself, then either one of the
checksum files.
It doesn't really matter which of the two (sha-1 or md5) is present
because if there's no sha-1 checksum,
then the md-5 checksum will used. Sha-1 is always verified first, if it
fails then the md-5 checksum will be
verified next.