maven-users mailing list archives

From Maria Odea Ching <>
Subject Re: [m2] Minimum requirements for a snapshot in a repository?
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 07:39:15 GMT

Hi Wendy,

Please see my notation below.

Wendy Smoak wrote:

>What's the minimum that will keep m2 happy when retrieving a snapshot
>from a remote repository?
>I've got a project that I just can't build with m2, but I need to make
>a snapshot available.
>If I upload (in the correct directory structure):
>   shale-core-1.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
>   shale-core-1.0.1-SNAPSHOT.pom
>... and can I get away with just one of the signatures (which one is
You have to have the pom, the artifact itself, then either one of the
checksum files.
It doesn't really matter which of the two (sha-1 or md5) is present
because if there's no sha-1 checksum,
then the md-5 checksum will used. Sha-1 is always verified first, if it
fails then the md-5 checksum will be
verified next.

>Anything else? How will it know when the snapshot has been updated?
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: