maven-users mailing list archives

From Jon Rafkind <work...@ccs.neu.edu>
Subject Help setting up remote plugin repository
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:42:10 GMT
Id like to include http://propellors.net/maven-repo as a plugin
repository but cant figure out how to do this. I thought I could edit
~/.m2/settings.xml and add it to the pluginRepositories tag but I dont
see maven connecting to this site when checking for plugins. Here is my
settings.xml

<settings>
        <usePluginRegistry />
        <profiles>
                <profile>
                        <id>F</id>
                        <pluginRepositories>
                                <pluginRepository>
                                        <id>Q</id>
                                        <name>Ruby Mojo</name>

<url>http://propellors.net/maven-repo</url>
                                        <layout>default</layout>
                                </pluginRepository>
                        </pluginRepositories>
                </profile>
        </profiles>
</settings>

And when I run maven I can see it checking various sites, but not
propellors.net:

$ mvn rubyarchetype:create -DgroupId=test -DartifactId=rubyplugin
        [INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'rubyarchetype'.
[INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins: checking for updates from central
[INFO] org.codehaus.mojo: checking for updates from central
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-rubyarchetype-plugin:
checking for updates from central
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-rubyarchetype-plugin'
does not exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 3 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Jan 16 12:41:24 EST 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
[INFO]