maven-users mailing list archives

From "Brian E. Fox" <bri...@reply.infinity.nu>
Subject RE: Copy Jar?
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 19:26:38 GMT
Take a look at the dependency-maven-plugin at mojo
http://mojo.codehaus.org/dependency-maven-plugin. After building and
installing, this plugin could execute and copy it where ever you like.
It expects the artifact to be in the local or remote repository but if
you execute it in the install phase, it should already be in your local
repo by the time the plugin executes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Davis Ford [mailto:davisford@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 9:53 AM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Copy Jar?

Hi, I'm using Maven 1.0.2 to build my jar.  The jar is used as part of a
different project called GeoServer that uses Jetty.

Every time I build my jar, I need to manually copy it to
$someDir$/geoserver/server/WEB-INF/lib/ in order to test my changes.
I don't rebuild GeoServer software everytime...I only rebuild my jar
that I run inside GeoServer.  What is the best way for me to add a
target or over-ride a plugin property to copy my jar to this directory?

I looked at jar:install, but if I think if I over-ride that, then my jar
dependencies will get screwed up as it won't point to my
.maven/repository anymore.

I looked at distribution plugin, but it doesn't seem to have any
documentation.

I'm not that swift yet with Jelly, but is there a maven.xml example
somewhere that does this?  Also, different developers have installed
GeoServer in different directories on their machines.  This means
somehow, whatever solution I create has to be able to accomodate this
discrepancy.  Environment variable?

Regards,
Davis