maven-users mailing list archives

From "Duncan Krebs" <apacheli...@hostdepot.net>
Subject touching remote repo when running mvn install
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 19:13:33 GMT
Hi,
I'm finding myself doing a bunch of mvn install and mvn eclipse:eclipse commands with my maven
projects. I notice that when I execute these commands maven searches the remote repository
for jars that are already in my local repo, it also searches the remote repo for jars that
I know are only in my local repo (for example mail-UNKOWNVERSION is specific to my local repo).
Its says something like WARNING jar not found in remote repo but found in local, why does
it look in the remote repo for it if its sitting right there in my local ?

Sometimes during execution of these commands the remote repo will timeout and my build will
fail. I'm wondering if there is a way to configure maven to not look in remote repos for jars
if they exist in the local repository and would hence get rid of the WARNING messages. I found
documentation for Maven1 to run in offline mode is there something similar for Maven2 that
when set would not trigger remote repo lookups, or even better a way to configure it to only
look in the remote if the jar is not in the local?

Thanks for Maven2, its starting to have a lot of value in our organization and the transition
has not been a major hassle.