maven-users mailing list archives

From "Mcmahon, Chris" <chris.mcma...@citigroup.com>
Subject Maven Repository: Source and Docs?
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:38:39 GMT
After having used Maven 2 for a few weeks now, one of the major disappointments I've found
is that most of the projects in the repository have no source and/or javadocs associated with
them. As a build tool, obviously, they're afterthoughts--but as a development tool, it's a
different story, particularly with the proliferation of open source projects. The approach
I've taken thus far with Maven is to make separate projects out of all the open source components
we use and build up our repository from scratch (even though we don't alter those sources).
Probably overkill for your average user, but when you're managing lots of projects that use
different versions of the same components, having the source and docs at hand is necessary.

Chris McMahon