maven-users mailing list archives

From Nitko2 <nit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Latest maven code in eclipse
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:55:01 GMT
Kenney,
thank you for your answers. I'll try with other tag/branch.

I already made a few plugins and that is not a problem. The problem is that since switching
to maven
2, I bumped into numerous problems. At first I didn't know a lot about m2, after that I found
a lot
of bugs(too many for something that is not called beta if you ask me) that stopped me in using
maven
the way I hoped to.
What I want is to run maven from eclipse and debug it when something doesn't work as I expect.
Then
I'll know if it is a bug or my mistake and fix it (hopefully).

Filip

Kenney Westerhof wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Nitko2 wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm trying to get working maven version inside eclipse.
>>
>>This is what I did so far:
>>
>>1. svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk/ maven-site
>>2. svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/trunk/ maven-plugins
>>3. mvn eclipse:eclipse on both source dirs
>>4. eclipse -> import existing projects into workspace
>>
>>If I checkout v2.0 I have unsatisfied depenedencies. With this (latest) version I
have a bunch of
>>compile errors and one unsatisfied dependency.
>

> The eclipse plugin doesn't quite handle reactor dependencies well. You
> need to 'mvn install' first, and then run mvn eclipse:eclipse (unless your
> eclipse:eclipse goal ran fine, but I doubt that if you get compilation
> errors in eclipse..)
>

>>So my question is:
>>
>>1. how can I finally get a working version of maven 2. I don't care is it 2.0 or latest
snapshot or
>>any other version. I just want to have version that works
>

> You can check out the source, as you did. You might have checked out a
> version that didn't compile.. you can also switch to a tag/branch.
>

>>2. can I run maven inside eclipse(not as external tool, but something like maven embedder)
and if I