maven-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Do I need to separate between src/java and src/resources? (Was: How to turn filtering on with images in the resource folder?)
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 07:51:30 GMT
Doug Douglass wrote:

>   1) Put you images in a separate resource directory (e.g.,
> src/main/image) and add another <resource> stanza to your POM with
> <filtering>false</filtering>

That brings me up to another question: I understand that your suggestion
is easier for maintaining the POM. OTOH, I do believe that it is more
complex for the programmer, because he has to know which folder to choose.

Quite similar, I always wonder whether I do need to have separate
src/main/java and src/main/resources folders? Quite typically, the
resource files are being used from Java classes in the same package.
Within a single source folder, I am always forced to search them in a
completely different directory structure, although my natural feeling
asks for putting them into the same directory.

Jochen