maven-users mailing list archives

From Slawek Zachcial <slawek_zachc...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to change default build ("target") directory?
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:01:55 GMT
Hi,

I would like that all the generated files for all my m2 projects go to specific, different
than default, build directory. For example, if I have projects P1 and P2, the default build
directories are P1/target and P2/target. I'd like to change it to something like /temp/target.

I don't want to modify every single pom.xml. I'd like to have this as a global, my environment
specific setting.

It looks like several of maven plugins base their build directory path on "project.build.directory"
so I tried sth like "m2 -Dproject.build.directory=/temp/target package" but this has no effect.

Is anyone aware any working way to achieve this - either through settings.xml or through -D
or some other global approach?

Thanks,
/Slawek

Yahoo! Shopping