maven-users mailing list archives

From Lee Meador <leemeador76...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [m2] Installing 3rd Party Jars with POMs
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:26:43 GMT
Wes,

I had the same problem with "-DgeneratePom" not doing anything.

I created a file like this:

<project>
 <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
 <groupId>com.ibm.websphere</groupId>
 <artifactId>j2ee</artifactId>
 <version>6.0.0</version>
</project>

and issued this command:

mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.ibm.websphere -DartifactId=j2ee
-Dversion=6.0.0 -Dpackaging=pom -Dfile=j2ee-6.0.0.pom

And the pom got created and the build quit pausing an interminable length of
time to look for the websphere j2ee pom over at ibiblio.

Thanks.

-- Lee Meador