maven-users mailing list archives

From Mark Hobson <markhob...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [m2] How dependency versions are resolved with transitivity?
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 16:00:12 GMT
Hi Fabrice,

On 08/11/05, fabrice.belingard@mpsa.com <fabrice.belingard@mpsa.com> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Thank you for your answer! :)

No probs.

> Then I have another question: when 2 different dependency versions are at
> the same level in the dependency tree, which one wins? Because in my case,
> I have version 2.0 and version 1.0.1 of commons-lang at the same level, and
> 1.0.1 wins.

Not sure, I know I have had problems with this before.  I currently
fix these uncertainties with an overriding dependency version in my
top-level pom, but agree that's nasty.  Have a look through the
DefaultArtifactCollector code (see the link in my previous reply) and
see if you can deduce what it does.

> The highest-win strategy would be interesting, I agree.

I would like to look into implementing this before 2.1 if I can find
the time (probably not then ;).

Cheers,

Mark