maven-users mailing list archives

From Mark Hobson <markhob...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [m2] How dependency versions are resolved with transitivity?
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 12:49:02 GMT
Hi Fabrice,

mvn currently mediates dependency versions using a nearest-wins
strategy.  This means that the dependency version specified highest in
the dependency tree (i.e. nearest to the project being built) is used.

As a side note, I really need the highest-wins strategy - any pointers
to open issues or code required?

Mark