maven-users mailing list archives

From Jérôme BERNARD <jerome.bern...@gmail.com>
Subject surefire and systemProperties: bug?
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 00:09:45 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to specify the java.library.path property for my tests but
it seems that the following configuration does not work:

<plugin>
  <configuration>
    <systemProperties>
      <property>
        <name>java.library.path</name>
        <value>/usr/local/lib</value>
      </property>
    </systemProperties>
  </configuration>
</plugin>

Any idea why?
I unfortunately can't rely on System.setProperty() because the
variable can be changed after initialization of the JVM but the new
value is not used at all by the JVM.

I know my java.library.path is the right one as I'm able to run my
test using IntelliJ IDEA without problem when specifying it. This is
why I suspect there is a problem with maven 2, because if the JVM is
not forked before running the tests, then the only option I have is to
run maven itselft with the correct java.library.path with is really
pity (and I have not tried this yet).

So I'm open for any suggestion :-)

Regards,
Jérôme.