maven-users mailing list archives

From "Law Green-A20134" <gre...@motorola.com>
Subject RE: [M2] Repository
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 05:27:46 GMT
Jason,

Thank you so much for your patient reply! I have updated the diagram as per your comments,
please let me know if it need further update.

And I guess it would be better to fake a sample suite to reflect the topology, including settings.xml,
pom.xml, maven-proxy.properties. I would like to help with this task.

BTW, I use UmlGraph (http://www.spinellis.gr/sw/umlgraph/ <http://www.spinellis.gr/sw/umlgraph/>
) to generate the diagram. The tool makes it an easy job drawing the diagram. To generate
the diagram shown above, all I have done is 17 lines of java like code plus one command line.
U can do it in one minute once u get familiar with it.

Regards,
Green

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason van Zyl [mailto:jason@maven.org <mailto:jason@maven.org> ]
Sent: 2005年11月28日 14:15
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: [M2] Repository

Law Green-A20134 wrote:
> Jason,
>
> It's almost done, really appreciate! The only thing I want to make
> clear is the maven-proxy deployment,
>
> Do you suggest we deploy maven-proxy as follows:

I think the picture from the maven-proxy box pointing to many repos is accurate but I think
you might want to represent Maven as the active process that sits between maven-proxy and
the local repository which is populated the active maven process i.e. the copy of maven run
by each developer on their workstations. It is maven that is talking to your instance of maven-proxy,
in essence the mediator between your local and remote repository. In this case maven-proxy
is acting as the uber remote repository.

Would be happy to try and integrate your diagram into this:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-repositories.html <http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-repositories.html>

Would certainly help people who are new to Maven.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org <http://maven.apache.org>

believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, not even if i have said
it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

 -- Buddha