maven-users mailing list archives

From "Law Green-A20134" <gre...@motorola.com>
Subject RE: [m2] can't reach maven-proxy
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 01:05:07 GMT

Didier,

Nice to know that helps :)

I am not that fortunate as you are, I finally gave up the maven-proxy and work on synchronizing
the central and snapshot repository to our internal server :(

Regards,
Green

-----Original Message-----
From: Didier Brichet [mailto:didier.brichet@laposte.net]
Sent: 2005年11月24日 4:41
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: [m2] can't reach maven-proxy

Thank you very much for your help, Green.

Using <mirror> instead of <profile> in my settings solve my problem.
Now, maven reach the maven-proxy, and my internal repository is not empty.
I ran all the Maven Getting Started Guide from "How do I make my first Maven project?" to
"How do I create a JAR and install it in my local repository?". And I met only one connection
timeout exception (my pc have a ADSL connction to internet).

Regards,
Didier

              \|/
             -o o-
----------o00-(_)-00o-------------
 Didier BRICHET
 Mél : didier.brichet@laposte.net
------oo00-----------00oo---------

Law Green-A20134 a écrit:

>Didier,
>
>The problem is in your settings.xml file, u should not touch <profiles><profile><repositories>...</profiles>
section, please use <mirrors> section:

>  <mirrors>
>    <!-- mirror
>     | Specifies a repository mirror site to use instead of a given repository. The repository
that
>     | this mirror serves has an ID that matches the mirrorOf element of this mirror.
IDs are used
>     | for inheritance and direct lookup purposes, and must be unique across the set of
mirrors.
>     -->
>    <mirror>
>      <id>central-mirror</id>
>      <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
>      <url>http://localhost:9999/repository</url>
>    </mirror>
>    <mirror>
>      <id>snapshot-mirror</id>
>      <mirrorOf>snapshot</mirrorOf>
>      <url>http://localhost:9999/repository</url>
>    </mirror>
>  </mirrors>
>

>This setting works on my site. However, the problem I met is maven-proxy frequently raise
connection timeout exception due to bandwith problem, does anyone has idea about how to set
the timeout for maven-proxy?