maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <>
Subject RE: [m2] Problem using snapshot repository
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 07:21:20 GMT
Hi Aviron,

Mordo, Aviran (EXP N-NANNATEK) wrote on Monday, November 28, 2005 9:43 PM:

> I have a snapshot repository (running under apache).
> When I use mvn deploy goal to deploy core-1.0-SNAPSHOT, maven
> deploys the snapshot jar and the POM files with a timestamp.
> All good until now.
> Now I have another machine that has this snapshot as a
> dependency, but when it tries to download the snapshot I'm
> getting an error saying it can't find core-1.0-SNAPSHOT.pom .
> In the server there is not core-1.0-SNAPSHOT.pom but the POM
> with a timestamp i.e something like core-1.0-20051128.200550-2.pom
> What do I need to do in order for it to download the snapshot
> correctly from the snapshot repository ?

you're fighting with policy. M2's default snapshot policy is different now compared to M102.
The M2 deploy means, that releasing a snapshot is also an indentifiable release. Therefore
the artifact is published with a time stamp (as it was in M1 with xxx:deploy-snapshot) and
any POM using this particular artifact has to use the time-stamped version as dependency.
You can change the default by setting repositories/repository/releases/enabled for your snapshot
repository to false. Then the SNAPSHOT part is not replaced and the artifact is deployed without
the timestamp.

- Jörg

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: