maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: Configure compile JDK vs. compile-test JDK
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 07:18:52 GMT
Hi Brett,

Brett Porter wrote on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 4:59 AM:

> We seem to have missed that use case after we changed from
> the per-goal configuration model to the lifecycle bindings.
>
> I think our medium term plan is to make the compiler
> configuration a separate component referenced from that
> plugin, and then the test one can have its own configuration,
> but defaults to the normal compile configuration. I'll get it
> into JIRA as two separate items.

it can be worse though. In XStream we build by default for 1.3 target, but some classes must
be compiled for 1.5 (e.g. support for Annotations). To ensure portability we must run the
tests once with with JDK 1.3 and JDK 1.5. With Ant no problem within one project ... I am
not sure about the best strategy to set this up within M2.

- Jörg