maven-users mailing list archives

From "Comron Sattari" <Comron.Satt...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Problems with *.properties
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 05:42:47 GMT
This would go very far in explaining the troubles I've
been having. Thank you. I'm having a similar problem with
maven.xml ( setting up a post goal for "compile" ) do you
have any suggestions as where I can look for some
examples? Here is what I have...

<project default="war:war" xmlns:j="jelly:core"
xmlns:u="jelly:util">

	<postGoal name="compile">
	    <attainGoal name="jpox:enhance"/>
	</postGoal>

</project>

-----Original Message-----
From: Dion Gillard [mailto:dion.gillard@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:39 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Problems with *.properties

Maven 2 is not backward compatible with Maven 1, and does
not use build.properties or project.properties files.

On 11/16/05, Comron Sattari <comron@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to Maven and I've been struggling to get maven
to read
> anything from my project.properties or
build.properties. I've put
> project.properties in the same directory as my pom.xml,
but I have no
> luck in overridding any values with properties from the
file.

> What am I doing wrong? This is extremely frustrating
and I know it
> shouldn't even require a thought.
>
> Regards,
> Comron

"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your
life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you
will not live." - George Bernard Shaw