maven-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Pöllath <li...@poellath.org>
Subject Re: [m2] Using the jetty6 plugin was: Using the tomcat plugin
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:06:43 GMT
Hi,

I'm impressed! By following your instructions, I got jetty to run my
webapp (using http://www.mortbay.org/maven2/snapshot as mentioned by
Greg - the old url did not work anymore).

Unfortunately, I didn't get very far because jetty doesn't know about
my oracle drivers. With tomcat, I keep those in ${catalina.base}/
common/lib. I guess I could add them as dependencies tom my project
so they end up in WEB-INF/lib, but then I could not deploy the war to
tomcat anymore. Sounds like I should have different maven profiles
fot these scenarios? Or does jetty look for additional jars in some
location? That would make it a lot easier..

I also noticed that jetty expects my webapp at ${dasedir}/src/main/
webapp. Running mvn war:inplace works, but feels rather clumsy. I
adds files to src that aren't sources, and I have to make sure I
don't accidentally add them to svn.

Cheers,
-Ralph.