maven-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@softwareag.com>
Subject Removing a source directory?
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 14:18:16 GMT

Hi,

I am about to convert a project from Ant to Maven 2. The project is
typically compiled with Java 5. However, we have made very conservative
use of Java 5 features, mainly warnings (@Override, @SuppressWarnings,
...) This conservative use enables us to write a simple source code
generator, that removes Java 5 features and converts to Java 1.4. In
other words, we are able to create Java 1.4 compliant binaries.

My approach on porting this to Maven was as follows: Create a generator
plugin, that does the conversion, removes the original source directory
from the project and adds the new directory. Unfortunately, this won't
work, because the MavenProject class only allows me to add source
directories.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Jochen