maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: [M2] M2 Status?
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 03:54:28 GMT
Weston, Toby wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Silly question probably but the Maven site talks about using M1 for critical
> projects (http://maven.apache.org/maven1.html#m1-or-m2) as opposed to M2,
> specifically it mentions M2 is a beta release? Is that still the case as the
> download area seems to infer its non-beta/stable? Basically, what's the
> status of Mega-Maven-2?

Maven 2.0 has been release. We're still working on Mega-Maven :-)

> Cheers,
> Toby

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

   -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks