maven-users mailing list archives

From "Luca Gmail" <>
Subject RE: problem creating eclipse project
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:01:02 GMT
Thnak you Martijn,
the problem is subsequent to the bug, infact before import simple.servlet in
eclipse I followed instrucions in
and eclipse see M2_REPO variable.
But I don't know why eclipse tell " Path '/' must denote location inside
project simple-servlet."

Maybe eclipse is not able to address the entries like this in the .classpath
file created by mvn eclipse:eclipse plugin
<classpathentry kind="var" path="M2_REPO/mydependences.jar />

If I read the string M2_REPO without any escape character I should not be
able to distinguish it from a directory! Maybe :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: giovedì 17 novembre 2005 10.17
Subject: RE: problem creating eclipse project

The eclipse:add-maven-repo goal contyains a bug. The M2_REPO variable is
created in the wrong directory.
If you use:
mvn eclipse:add-maven-repo -Declipse.workspace=c:\myWorkspace
the variables will be created in c:\myWorkspaceX
The X is added to the workspace dir. This is a bug.
Copy the file from c:\myWorkspaceX to c:\myWorkspace and your problem is

Martijn de Bruijn