maven-users mailing list archives

From John Tolentino <john.tolent...@mergere.com>
Subject Re: new artifact type
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 01:20:39 GMT
Hi Michael,

Have you looked at the maven-assembly-plugin
(http://maven.apache.org/plugins/index.html)? It packages the whole
project, including dependencies, into a jar. Since jars are also zips,
this might be the solution you're looking for.

As for your class files that should be contained in a jar, specify jar
as your packaging
(http://maven.apache.org/maven-model/maven.html#class_project).

If you follow the standard directory layout
(http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-standard-directory-layout.html),

by default, your resources will be included. If you need to customize
the number of resources and target folders, add them to the resources
section of your POM
(http://maven.apache.org/maven-model/maven.html#class_build).

I hope this is an easier way to resolve your problem.

Regards,
John