maven-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Lukas Theussl <ltheu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [M 1.1b1] Maven-Reports: Encoding Problems
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 00:24:36 GMT
On Linux you also have to set the system encoding explicitly,
see 
http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/reference/plugins/xdoc/faq.html#problems-unicode

-Lukas


Arnaud HERITIER wrote:

>For checkstyle it fixes only the locale.
>It doesn't help for the encoding :-(
>
>Arnaud
> 
>
>  
>
>>-----Message d'origine-----
>>De : Lukas Theussl [mailto:ltheussl@apache.org] 
>>Envoyé : mercredi 16 novembre 2005 00:03
>>À : Maven Users List
>>Objet : Re: [M 1.1b1] Maven-Reports: Encoding Problems
>>
>>For the checkstyle plugin this should be fixed in the current 
>>3.0-SNAPSHOT (see 
>>http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPCHECKSTYLE-39 ), but it 
>>might still be a problem for other plugins.
>>
>>Gisbert, which plugins/reports do you have problems with?
>>
>>-Lukas
>>
>>
>>
>>Arnaud HERITIER wrote:
>>    
>>
>>>I have no workaround in mind actually.
>>>Lukas, any idea ?
>>>
>>>Can you open an issue on the xdoc plugin?
>>>I didn't saw that I published some reports in French :-( !!!!
>>>Thanks to point to me this error.
>>>
>>>Arnaud
>>>
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>>>-----Message d'origine-----
>>>>De : Gisbert Amm [mailto:gia@webde.de] Envoyé : mardi 15 
>>>>        
>>>>
>>novembre 2005 
>>    
>>
>>>>16:08 À : Maven Users List Objet : [M 1.1b1] Maven-Reports: 
>>>>        
>>>>
>>Encoding 
>>    
>>
>>>>Problems
>>>>
>>>>We face encoding problems with the Maven-Reports. The output is 
>>>>declared to be ISO-8859-1 (Latin 1), but it actually isn't (neither 
>>>>the XML nor the HTML). Non-ASCII characters like German umlauts are 
>>>>not transcoded properly.
>>>>
>>>>I noticed the same problem in the docs of the official 
>>>>        
>>>>
>>maven tasklist 
>>    
>>
>>>>plugin at 
>>>>http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/reference/plugins/tasklist/c
>>>>heckstyle/,
>>>>e.g.: La variable 'destDir' devrait être privée et avoir des 
>>>>accesseurs.
>>>>
>>>>When I set maven.docs.outputencoding to UTF-8 it is even
>>>>worse: The transformation then makes apparently two wrong 
>>>>        
>>>>
>>bytes out of 
>>    
>>
>>>>every single byte of the aready erroneous transcoded characters.
>>>>
>>>>I've not found any hint in the docs or in Jira so far; can somebody 
>>>>please shed some light on it for me?
>>>>
>>>>I'm using Maven 1.1 beta 1.
>>>>
>>>>Regards,
>>>>Gisbert Amm
>>>>
>>>>------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>        
>>>>
>>---------
>>    
>>
>>>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@maven.apache.org
>>>>For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@maven.apache.org
>>>>
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>    
>>
>>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@maven.apache.org
>>>For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@maven.apache.org
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@maven.apache.org
>>For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@maven.apache.org
>>    
>>
>
>  
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@maven.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@maven.apache.org


Mime
View raw message