maven-users mailing list archives

From Michael Böckling <michael.boeckl...@giniality.com>
Subject How to customize report execution
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 18:22:30 GMT
Hi,

is there a way to include reports (like checkstyle) into a specific
phase of the M2 lifecycle?
I tried to put the maven-checkstyle-plugin in the <plugins> section of
my POM (instead of the <reporting> section) and got a build error,
saying that "'report' was specified in an execution, but not found in
the plugin". Upon closer examination, I found that the Mojo API differs
in that there is no execute() method in CheckstyleReport.java, but
instead an executeReport() method.
Now does that mean I'm out of luck? What I would like to do is to
execute certain checks in certain phases of the build, so I can abort
when there is an error, lowering the stress on the build server.

Thank you very much,
Michael Böckling

P.S.: POM extract:
<plugins>
 <plugin>
    <artifactId>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>2.0-beta-1</version>
    <executions>
     <execution>
       <goals>
         <goal>report</goal>
       </goals>
     </execution>
    </executions>
 </plugin>
</plugins>

--
Giniality AG - Michael Böckling; Steinenberg 21, CH-4051 Basel
P: +41 61 226 99 63 - F: +41 61 226 99 69