maven-users mailing list archives

From Luke Meyer <lme...@redhat.com>
Subject [m2] Creating a remote repository from a local one
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 12:13:14 GMT
I'm trying to do this and came upon this document:

http://maven.apache.org/maven2/guides/introduction/introduction-to-repositories.html

It looks like I can just copy the contents of ibiblio outright, or set
up a maven proxy, in order to create my own repository structure.  But
what I'd really like to do is get my local repository in a place where
I'm happy with it (everything is downloaded, my stuff builds, etc) and
then make that a remote repository for all.  The document above
indicates "The local and remote repositories are structured the same
way..." so it sounds like I could just literally copy my local
repository as my remote repository.

I tried this.  I copied my local repository to a web server, set up that
server in settings.xml as a mirror for central, blew away my local repo,
and tried to mvn compile.  No dice, plugins could not be found, and as a
side note, mvn -X doesn't actually tell me what URLs it's trying to
download from, which would be helpful:

DEBUG] maven-resources-plugin: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG] Artifact not found - using stub model: Unable to determine the
latest version org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:LATEST:pom
[DEBUG] Using defaults for missing POM
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:pom:LATEST
[DEBUG] maven-resources-plugin: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG] Artifact not found - using stub model: Unable to determine the
release version  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:RELEASE:pom
[DEBUG] Using defaults for missing POM
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:pom:RELEASE
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does
not exist or no valid version could be found

Looking at the directory structures, the main difference I can see
between my repo and ibiblio's is that the metadata file has a different
name (maven-metadata-central.xml vs maven-metadata.xml).  So I tried
just changing the name.  This seems to "work" but maven now complains
about the checksum failing (as there is none):

[WARNING] *** CHECKSUM FAILED - Error retrieving checksum file for
org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-resources-plugin/maven-metadata.xml -
IGNORING

I have a feeling there must be a better way to go about this than
renaming all metadata files and ignoring checksum errors.  Any suggestions?