maven-users mailing list archives

From Kris Nuttycombe <Kris.Nuttyco...@noaa.gov>
Subject [M2] site:site has errors when dependencies are from maven 1 projects
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 22:43:35 GMT
Hi, all,

I'm getting the following error from running mvn site:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't find a valid Maven project in
the repository for the artifact [gt2:oracle-spatial:2.0.x-eds].
        at
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.DependenciesReport$DependenciesRenderer.renderBody(DependenciesReport.java:246)
        at
org.apache.maven.reporting.AbstractMavenReportRenderer.render(AbstractMavenReportRenderer.java:65)
        at
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.DependenciesReport.executeReport(DependenciesReport.java:157)
        at
org.apache.maven.reporting.AbstractMavenReport.generate(AbstractMavenReport.java:98)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.generateReportsPages(SiteMojo.java:802)
        at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.execute(SiteMojo.java:301)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:399)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:519)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:469)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:448)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:301)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:268)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:137)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:316)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:113)
        at
        at
        at
        at

I'm drawing my dependency artifacts from a remote repository that was
built using maven 1.0.2 and has the legacy project layout.
A pom.xml file does exist in my local m2 repository for this artifact,
but that pom appears to be the one from the maven 1.0 repository. I'm
just in the process of beginning to transition my projects to maven 2.0,
so I suspect this will be the case with the vast majority of my artifact
dependencies. How can I work around this problem to get the site to
generate under 2.0?

Thanks,

Kris Nuttycombe