maven-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Schutte <mschut...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: unable to download surefire plugin
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 11:09:28 GMT
I'm getting this error, but your proposed solution can't be right. I've
cleaned my <home>/.m2/repository and started all over again with the
steps from the getting started guide. During the mvn test step I get
the error you mention.

When I check <home>/.m2/repository there is no subdir named plugins.
The surefire plugin is located under
org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/2.0/.
The pom for that version references a groupId maven-surefire-plugin and
artifacts maven-surefire-plugin and surefire-booter, both version 1.4.
These are not available on
ibiblio. There are several files with a lastmodified of 24/11/2005.....

Regards,
Marcel Schutte

--- Edwin Punzalan <epunzalan@exist.com> wrote:

> In case any of you get an error similar to this:
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
> required artifacts missing:
>     maven-surefire-plugin:maven-surefire-plugin:jar:1.4
>     maven-surefire-plugin:surefire-booter:jar:1.4
>
> for the artifact:
>     org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>     central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
>
> please delete the pom specified below from from your local
> repository:

plugins/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/2.0-alpha-3/maven-surefire-plugin-2.0-alpha-3.pom